Wednesday 12 April 2017

A Tribute To Peter._By Okpako Henry

  Samuel Christopher       Wednesday 12 April 2017

Tears Gas and Gun shots.
All those people you once knew
People crowd around your death bed.
The Gun bullets are badly Penetrated,

The breath stops and all go quiet
Not a breath comes from among the riot
An anguished medic shouts let's have some space,
Think of the people who hold you dear
No pulse, no beat, a silent scream
No one to wake from this horrid dream
A life so great is now lost
The price came at a deadly cost
The courage you made in me still,
Tearing at me like a knife
I hear your laughter and your voice
I remember your smile like I have no choice
You are our hero day and night
No!!! everything is not going to be all right
I will never forget what you did
You were even the bravest, faculty president,
I miss you more and more every day
I will definitely meet you at Jesus feet no matter what or how long it might take,
I never really got the chance to say it...
I love you.... with the sportsmanship of the struggle,
You left me with a great hope and your death made me understood, "to sell my talents and brains to the highest bidder but never to put a price tag on my heart and soul" it further made me understood to, "listen to everyone, but filter all that I hears on the screen of truth and take only the good that comes through" and that for every crooked politician, there is a dedicated leader.
Though not yet immortalized by Uniport SUG as demanded by Faculty/college President's Forum and NANS zone B led by Comr. Pedro Obi, you still remain immortalized in our hearts.
We will forever miss you and your further contributions to Our dear Nation at large.
Till me meet again.
You are always remembered my dear friend and comrade Comr. Peter Ofurum

Long Live April 11th.
Long Live your memories.
Long Live Aluta.
Long Live NANS.

Your fellow faculty President,
Comr. Okpako Henry.
logoblog

Thanks for reading A Tribute To Peter._By Okpako Henry

Previous
« Prev Post

No comments:

Post a Comment